Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday! #1

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights an upcoming release that I am eagerly awaiting. This weeks book is The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. It's the second book in The Heroes of Olympus Series.


 In The Lost Hero, three demigods named Jason, Piper, and Leo made their first visit to Camp Half-Blood, where they inherited a quest:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.


Who are the other four mentioned in the prophesy? The answer may lie in another camp miles away, where a new camper has shown up and appears to be the son of Neptune, god of the sea. . . .






I know there isn't really much to go off of....like barely anything. But I think getting closer to the release date (Oct. 4) there will be more. It's really cool because the cover was just released on May 26th! I'm a huge fan of the Percy Jackson series as well as the Heroes of Olympus so I will definitely get this!

9 comments:

Little Miss Becky said...

Oh, I like the cover of this one! It's really different from the first two! Sounds like a great series!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

The book I found doesn't have a lot of info either, but sometimes those are the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Jan von Harz said...

Rick Riodan is the man and this sounds and looks terrific. Great pick!

Cary Cheyenne. said...

This looks really interesting. I haven't read anything by Rick Riodan but I just might have to now. Great post!

I'm a new follower, check out my blog?
http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

Eeeh love Rick Riordan! I'm yet to read the new Olympian series but his books make me laugh so much! Great pick!

Check out my WOW this week!

Anonymous said...

Looks good, enjoy your book.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Angela's Anxious Life said...

I love Rick Riordan! New follower!

Stop by to check mine out! Crossed


Angie

XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

Sally said...

I loved the Percy Jackson books I really have to get the first book in this series.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-21.html

Book Blather said...

Rick Riordan is awesome! The boy on the cover looks v Harry Potter though, bad marketing department, bad!