Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Catching Up!

Hello everyone who is reading this :). I'm sure many of you who follow totally forgot about my blog as it has been more than a year since my last post, but I just wanted to talk about the few amazing books I read during the year hiatus.
First off, I just finished my sophomore year, 10th grade, and as much as it was stressful it had many amazing moments and I'm thankful for all the people I got close to and everything I learned about myself and others. However I have 3 weeks until I start my junior year, so it's not the most convenient time to try to start blogging again so I probably won't be posting a lot but my hope is to review books that I had the great pleasure of reading. I've been trying to catch up on the latest and greatest books right now and reading my favorite book blogs which I have greatly missed.
Alright, onto the books I read:
I read this back in September of last year and yes it does indeed stack up to everyone's hype as anyone who has read it can confirm. I bought it during the summer and my friend who had read Divergent and Insurgent at the time told me I had to read it immediately. It was fabulous and is one of my favorite books, I honestly recommend it to anyone who I'm chatting with about books. I even got my little brother to read it(he loved it, keeps begging me to buy Insurgent) and he is not the type to love reading. My cousin Olivia, who basically is my double and fellow book nerd, finished it in a day and bugged me as well about getting Insurgent! And finally, the movie will be coming out in 2014!!Stoked.

Second book in the Divergent trilogy. I devoured this one and I liked it as much as Divergent. But I'm sure as all of you know second books don't always have the same spark as the first one did. The ending though, it was fabulous. Who's excited for Allegiant??Cause I sure am.


This book was required reading in my English class during October and if I had never been required to read it I probably never would have. The Kite Runner is an adult book and has some adult aspects to the plot. I mean this book was just sad but it was also very good and I was so enthralled in the story that I could not put it down and I always read ahead in class.

This was my first book I read by John Green and it was really great! John Green is another really hyped up author and I heard nothing but good things from friends and on the web. This book captured my attention and made me a little teary-eyed. I think what I enjoyed most was that the main character memorized people's famous last words. Those were all very cool.

This is definitely his most popular book and it was just as fabulous as everyone said it would be. I cried, a few times, and I'm sure anyone who has read it can guess why. John Green, you sir are fabulous.

I finally got around to reading Shiver earlier this year and it was good! It took me a long time to read it because the only time I could read it was at night and with homework and your body begging for sleep it's sometimes hard to push yourself to read. It was a little slow paced especially in the beginning and the middle but things got really good by the end.

When I found out that Gayle Forman was coming out with a new book and it had romance mixed with self-discovery, I was in. The thing about this book was that I read it at a perfect time for me and I saw myself in Allyson. I can not wait for Just One Year because man that was a cliffhanger!

Thanks for reading this!
Ashlinn

2 comments:

Christina Reads YA said...

Welcome back! Just One Day, Divergent, and Insurgent were all fantastic reads, and like you, I can't wait for Allegiant (from Tris and Four! woot!) and Just One Year!

Ashlinn said...

Yes, those 3 are definitely in my top favorites!! I have never been more excited for a book than I am for Allegiant lol