Friday, July 8, 2011

Author Interview: Wanda Ernstberger

 It's interview time!I have been lucky enough to interview Wanda Enrstberger author of The Next Shakespeare

____________________________________________
Where did you get your idea for this book?

The idea for The Next Shakespeare came to me when I was sitting in a restaurant. Most of my ideas come to me as a flash of inspiration. I have no idea what triggers it, but that’s usually what happens before I begin a story.

Why did you pick the name Astra?It's definitely different and unique.

I named her when I was thirteen, when I first thought of her character. Astra means “like a star,” which is appropriate for a goddess.

Will there be a sequel to The Next Shakespeare?

The Next Shakespeare is a back story to my YA fantasy series, Infinity Blue. Astra, the narrator in Shakespeare, is the main character. Astra makes a tragic error in her final year of high school, and she doesn’t know how to make up for the mistake. When Fate tells her she’s the goddess Infinity Blue, Astra realizes she has a way to atone for her error.

Have you always wanted to be an author and if not what else did you aspire to be?

First, I wanted to be a princess. Then I wanted to be an astronaut. In middle school, I dreamed of being a scientist, but there was one problem—I was terrible at science. So, how did I become a writer? I’ve always made up stories since I was little. Just before I started high school, I started writing those stories down. Since that time, I’ve dreamed of becoming a writer.

What advice do you have for aspiring authors?

Follow your passion. Be patient. Don’t give up.

2 comments:

rachel said...

Good questions, good answers! :oD

Ashlinn said...

Why thank you!:)