Saturday, November 12, 2011

Review: If I Stay

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Published by:Dutton Juvenile
Released:April 9th,2009
Pages:199 paperback
Buy here

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make -and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

 Review
   Coming into this book I didn't know what to expect. I thought it would be depressing and talk about her recovery but it wasn't....at all...this book has it's own special quality.

   Mia loves her family so much and she has so many other great things in life; a caring boyfriend, a best friend, and a ride to Julliard with her cello. But all of it is taken away in an instant and Mia is left to figure if she wants to stay with the other great people in life or go somewhere else. Mia was such a lovable character and truly one of my favorites out of all the books I've ever read. I think I love her so much because I find similar qualities between us. It's heartbreaking to know that what happened to her can happen to any of us at any time especially at times where we don't want to go. I thought it was interesting the way the author explained where Mia was. Catholics believe you have heaven, purgatory, and hell. But the way the author described was different and enjoyable. You could call it an out of body experience for Mia. She was floating in between all of it. 


  This book was beautiful and one of my new favorites I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. It's a sad story but filled with happiness, comedy,and love. I'm very excited to see what Where She Went is like.


Have a great day and always tell your loved ones you love them!
~Ashlinn
  

No comments: