Saturday, November 5, 2011

Review: Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
(#3 Hunger Games Series)

Published by:Scholastic Press
Released:August 24th,2010
Pages:390 Hardcover
Buy here

My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans -- except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay -- no matter what the personal cost.


*Spoiler ALERT!*

  So this book has taken me months to finish and I'm so glad I finished it.(And I'm also sick so I thought I should just finish it!) All I can say is WOW it was such a sad but yet good ending. I'm still trying to collect all my thoughts on how I feel about it. Ok so now onto what I disliked and liked.

   The reason it took so long for me was because it was soooo slow in the beginning and I couldn't get into it. Second problem with the book; what is with all of the deaths? I mean Prim, and Finnick!! I was so upset about their deaths because she kind of just said well Finnick dies because of the crazy mutants end. of. story. I was like what....all I gotta say is Collins dismissed many of the deaths in the story.


  Now onto a positive note. I was truly surprised in a good way that she ended up with Peeta. It really was a nice ending to know that everything turned out well. But do I think Katniss truly deserves Peeta, no I really don't. But they make each other happy and balance each other. I feel like Katniss and Gales relationship would have been very toxic and chaotic. I don't know, just my opinion but it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if she ended up with Gale?


  Overall I love this series and am sad to have it end for me but I think it ended perfect.I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. I won't be forgetting Katniss's story anytime soon. It taught me to never take anything I have for granted and to always spend time with my loved ones, to always have strength in the toughest times, fight for your beliefs, and to never take life for granted.ever. 


Happy Reading,
Ashlinn

No comments: